We’re creating digital experiences
Job Title: Release Manager
• Overall relevant experience in Release Management/Change Management/Configuration Management/STI areas of 7-10 yrs
• Can do Release planning for upcoming releases with close co-ordination with different teams across the globe.
• Excellent communication and networking skills.
• 7-10 years’ experience in Change and Release Management in a technology environment
• 7-10 years of configuration management and engineering for small to medium scale projects/programs
• Deep understanding of version control systems including branching and merging strategies and understanding of environment and software configuration management
• Good to have knowledge of Oracle on Amazon RDS or any cloud technology.
• Strong understanding of Unix, Oracle and PL/SQL
• Effectively manage day-to-day tasks/activities in coordination with a team of developers to effectively meet the deliverables.
• Provide support to various business and technology teams as necessary during development and delivery.
• Migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes through the SDLC.
• Provide technical support to application development teams.
• Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
• Well versed with all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures
• Proven experience building relationships and effectively communicating, both verbally and in writing, with diverse audiences
• Strong problem solving, risk mitigation, conflict resolution and influencing skills
• Ability and willingness to work extended hours based on project requirements
• Prior experience of working across teams spreading across multiple locations is a plus.
• ITIL certification.
Release Management/Change Management/Configuration Management/STI areas of 7-10 yrs
Strong understanding of Unix, Oracle and PL/SQL
Understanding of Migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes through the SDLC
Excellent communication skills
Good to have knowledge on cloud
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 195 on Fortune 500 2017 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.