We’re creating digital experiences
Salary: Login to view
Excellent Job Opening for Sybase Administrator@Cognizant - Singapore
Job Title: SYBASE ADMINISTRATOR
- Working in non-regular shifts if team needs in case of unforeseen scenarios.
- Provide L2 Sybase database administration support in all aspects as relevant to production / development / UAT areas.
- Building/upgrading Sybase / Sybase Replication servers, adhering to bank deployment and security standards.
- Perform Patching for server wise for the databases hosted on that server
- Coordinating & executing database outages/upgrades/migration/Patching as per planned/requested timelines.
- Setup, maintain and execute disaster recovery solutions like physical standby database with/without data guard broker.
- Assisting application teams to resolve performance issues when they arise, coordinating with cross-functional teams where appropriate.
- Positively contribute to meet team goals & exhibit ownership of deliverables.
- Propose and/or participate in ongoing process improvement programs, automation projects.
- Execute week-end planned tasks, coordinate global projects in functional domain.
- Support, provide input to incident & problem management areas.
- Exposure to Financial domain in the capacity of a production support DBA. Exposure to processes, exigencies and the level of criticality of a financial/banking infrastructure.
- Capable to perform the following Database Administration tasks independently in Sybase 11x,12x, 12.5x & 15x and Sybase Replication Server 12.6/15 management.
- Installation of Sybase software and Sybase Replication.
- Capable to perform patching for DBs
- Capable to perform Sybase database setup, database upgrades, space management, backup & recovery
- Diagnose and resolve performance issues, connectivity/security issues and database corruptions in a critical production environment.
- Familiar in Unix system administration relevant to Sybase database management.
- Experience in troubleshooting Sybase Replication problems.
- Capable of providing provide 24X7 support in a critical production environment.
- Capable of handling workload and volume.
- Should be able to deliver and drive tasks independently as well as a team player.
- Excellent level of both spoken and written English.
- Knowledge and exposure to ITIL processes.
- Excellent level of both spoken and written English