Conference Services Manager
Job post no longer accepts applications
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Act as liaison between hotel and meeting planner to ensure a successful event. This includes obtaining rooming lists, establishing billing, overseeing group room blocks, welcoming VIP's, overseeing amenity requests, handling on site event logistics, coordinating outside vendors, and enforcing the contract.
- Write resumes for each group giving the hotel's departments an overview and schedule of the conference and its objective, details of the meeting agenda, AV requirements, VIP's, billing arrangements and amenity requests.
- Plan group's food and beverage events, including assistance with menu and wine selection, decorations, entertainment, and audio visual.
- Create and execute accurate banquet event orders that include detailed information on the agenda, menu items, room set up, and billing arrangements.
- Meet the client upon arrival and conduct preconference review, including the introduction of Department Heads, overview of events, and guest arrival details.
- Communicate last minute changes in group functions to hotel staff and ensure accurate and satisfactory follow up.
- Conduct post conference review with clients including the presentation of banquet checks when applicable.
- Review all bills that are sent to the client, ensuring they are accurate and timely in order to maximize return business. Compile any cancellation/attrition charges for the group. Send thank you notes and meeting critiques with every bill, and ensure any feedback is communicated and responded to according to hotel guidelines.
- Attend daily, weekly, and monthly meetings as directed.
- Work with the Director of Catering to generate an accurate monthly forecast of group food and beverage revenue associated with all group events. Ensure monthly goals are attained to maximize revenue.
- Manage and maintain Amadeus Delphi client information and reports accurately.
- Maintain the professional standards of the hotel as set forth by the company. and participate in special projects as required.
- Perform other functions as required and directed.
- Must be able to and enjoy working in a busy environment with minimum supervision.
- Able to work on holidays, weekends and other non-shift days as required by the events you manage.