The Warehouse Hotel was built in 1895 along the Singapore River as part of the Straits of Malacca trade route. At that time, the area was a hotbed of secret societies, underground activity, and liquor distilleries. Today, while much of that history has disappeared, one building is being meticulously restored as a modern boutique hotel, focusing on heritage and local culture. The Warehouse Hotel delivers thoughtful hospitality with historically-detailed rooms, classic local dishes and craft cocktails.
The Warehouse Hotel is an inspiring 37-room hotel, housed in a prominent conservation building on the bank of the Singapore River within the vibrant neighbourhood of Robertson Quay. A meticulously restored icon with a unique history, the hotel is operated by The Lo & Behold Group.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, the Night Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of the hotel during the night shift. You will ensure the smooth functioning of the property and address any issues that may arise during nighttime hours. Your responsibilities include:
Rooms & Security Operations
- Ensures smooth operations of the Front Office Operations during night operations, and oversees both the front office team and external service vendors (concierge, valets etc) to ensure optimal hospitality experience for all guests.
- Responsible for room status control to ensure optimizing of occupancy and average room rate to ensure maximum comfort for the guest while operating at optimum efficiency.
- Awareness and close monitoring of room situation, expected occupancy, VIP arrivals and departures, forecast, promotions, banquet and conference events.
- Manages and attends to all guest inquiries, feedback and compliments with promptness, courtesy and efficiently and that all service recovery matters are handled with tact and diplomacy.
- Maintains and records all incident records via a tracking log for reporting
- Works closely with the Manager, Hotel Operations for housekeeping and Maintenance issues, supporting the ground operations while ensuring the guest experience is not compromised.
- Ensures safety and security for guests and staff during night operations. You will monitor security systems, perform regular night patrols, and respond to any emergency situations that may arise. You will take the lead to report any criminal activities and ensure the General Manager of the hotel is kept aware of these issues.
Accounting & Reporting (including Night Audits)
- You will handle all and any financial transactions which may occur in closing out of the hotel’s accounts, reconciling daily transactions for cash and/or credit card transactions.
- You will prepare all night audit procedures, tallying daily transactions, verifying room rates, preparing occupancy reports, and ensuring accuracy in billing & accounting reports.
Hotel Operations, Communications & Leadership
- You will monitor and inspect the hotel grounds to identify any maintenance or cleanliness issues and highlight this to the changeover leadership manager in the morning.
- You will be able to think quickly and be able to make sound decisions when faced with unexpected circumstances or guests requests.
- You are able to troubleshoot and find solutions to these challenges that may arise during the night operations.
- You must be a strong communicator who is able to convey important and crucial information to the respective stakeholders professionally for any follow up that is required.
- You will comply with the hotel’s policies and procedures, unholding the company’s values, ensuring high ethical behavior is adhered to at all times.
- You will undertake any other projects or operational duties as assigned by the Manager, Hotel Operations or General Manager.
What to expect:
- 5 day work week
- Join a dynamic, young and fun loving service team
- Excellent team culture and a defined career growth plan to develop yourself
- Employee Dining Discounts across the Group
- Medical and Insurance Coverage
Find out more about us here