Focuses on the Guest Retail Experience
- Uses guest names whenever possible.
- Adjusts service to suit guests’ requests, personalizes interactions to meet guests’ needs.
- Uses a Heartist® approach – make the guest Feel Welcome, Feel Heart-warmed, Feel Incredible, and Belong.
- Looks for ways to upsell and adds value to enhance guests’ satisfaction.
Works as Part of the Retail Team
- Ensures accuracy in cashiering duties.
- Ensures stocks are fully replenished on retail shelves.
- Operates P.O.S machine and handles cash efficiently in local and foreign currency.
- Maintains inventory items of the boutique.
- Provides guest product knowledge and assists guest with selection of gifts and souvenir.
- Manages and communicates merchandise opportunities to Retail Manager.
- Participates and assists with monthly inventory stock take activities.
Involvement of Wider Job Functions and Relationship
- Participates in execution and maintenance of all Visual Guideline as well as guaranteeing the visual presentation of the boutique is meeting all set Raffles standards.
- Participates in training activities to improve knowledge and skills.
- Maintains levels of confidentiality and discretion for colleagues and guests.
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with colleagues and supervisors/managers.
- Ensure order confirmation and invoices from suppliers are accurate.
- Creating and uploading purchase orders to facilitate receiving process.
- Work on retail prices with manager and ensure prices are aligned.
- Follow up and keep track with suppliers to ensure timely deliveries
- Follow up with suppliers and liaise with stores when issues arises
- Arranging of stocks to stores
- Weekly stock replenishment for stores
- Monitor stock level of key items and follow up with re-orders when necessary
- Weekly and Monthly sell through reports
- Ensure stocks are available in online channels.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum ‘N’ Level or Certificate in hospitality or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in retail industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Office
- Sense of urgency flexibility ability to multitask
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Interpersonal skills well developed with guests, employees, management.
- Ability to work independently, effectively, reliable and self-directed.
- Good presentation and influencing skills.
- Multicultural awareness and able to work with people from diverse cultures.
- Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively.
- Has good initiative under dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and energetic, confidently able to give suggestions and resolve problems.
- Communication skills in English spoken/written.
- Supporting operations is a must.
Benefits of Joining Raffles Hotel Singapore
- 5-day Work Week.
- Duty Meals are provided.
- Colleagues’ Discount and/or Preferential Room Rates at worldwide Accor Hotels.
- Flexible Benefit – Dental/Optical/Vacation Expenses/Children’s Education.
- Medical and Wellness Benefit.
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage.
- Local/Overseas Career Development & Growth Opportunities.
- Holistic Learning and Development Opportunities.