Kitchen Assistant (Schools)
Job post no longer accepts applications
Maintenance of Nutrition Food Science rooms
- Able to maintain orderliness of the NFS food lab (kitchen), and preparation room. Such as washing and drying of cleaning cloth, aprons and food science equipment
- Organize & tidy student work unit such as tabletops, drawers & sinks after each lesson and any other duties related to the maintenance of the NFS room.
- Manage the equipment and appliances in the NFS food lab(kitchen) (need to be familiar with food science equipment)
- Assist in checking that the main gas tap, electrical switches (oven) and knives safely kept under lock & key.
- Able to manage the preparation of ingredients for lessons such as the cutting, weighing and packing of ingredients prior to lesson
- Organize ingredients and equipment in the kitchen, which includes the repacking of ingredients into proper storage areas (refrigerator, cupboards).
- Able to operate some of the kitchen and food science equipment such as hand held blender, electric streamer, rice cooker, refractometer etc.
- Able to manage the process of accepting and verifying food orders.
- Able to support all NFS teachers in the food lab(kitchen) at all times (excluding lunch time & scheduled breaks)
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Preferably with Basic Food Hygiene or Food Handling Course Certificate.
- Prior working experience in school environments is preferred.
- Prior experience in food handling, kitchen, or simple administrative duties.
- Should be able to work efficiently and independently.
- Singaporean Only
- Attractive salary
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Leave benefits
- Training and Professional Development
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.