Being part of the ministry team, to provide pastoral and executive support of Wesley Methodist Church’s (WMC’s) Glowing Years Ministry’s (GYM) vision, programmes and activities, working in consultation with the Pastor-in-Charge, the GYM’s Pastor and the GYM’s Committee, to steer, direct, grow and develop the ministry, according to the strategic direction of the Church.
• To befriend other seniors in Church so as to encourage them to join GYM.
• To collaborate with Pastoral Care Ministry (PCM) team specially to care for older members of the Church.
• To guide and support the Program Coordinator (PC) of GYM and work well as a team.
• To participate and collaborate in WMC’s staff meetings, trainings, and events.
• To plan and work with the volunteers and sub-ministries.
• To provide pastoral care and build rapport with the seniors in GYM.
• To work closely with the Chairperson and Committee in planning and executing the various GYM programmes, activities, and events.
• To disciple and shepherd the people under care
• Any other role, responsibilities and activities assigned by the Church.
• A servanthood heart to serve the Church members, committee members, volunteers, staff team members and others.
• A team player with a positive attitude who can adapt and thrive in a dynamic organizational environment, whilst striving for continuous improvement through evaluation and feedback.
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional schedules which includes evenings, public holidays and weekends.
• Able to show empathy, willing to listen and able to relate well with the elderly.
• Able to work independently.
• Competent in organizing events/activities.
• Genuine heart for seniors.
• Great Communication and Interpersonal skills that can foster a strong relationship in the ministry.
• Knowledge on how to manage the wheelchairs.
• Meticulous and conscientious in nature, with the ability to work with confidential information and maintain a high standard of honesty and integrity.
• The ability to extend care, support, and encouragement to the caregivers of the elderly.
• Willing to go the extra mile for the ministry without seeking returns.
Qualifications and Experience
• Relevant theological studies, qualifications and/or experience in similar capacities.
• Worked in a Church or Parachurch organization.
• Worked with seniors.
• Demonstrated ability to creatively plan and execute programmes and events with strong time management & relational skills.
If you sense God’s call for you to respond and be a part of His work through Wesley Methodist Church, please email full resume with expected salary and availability to us.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified