What the role is
As a member of Team Central Provident Fund (CPF), you will play a crucial role in helping over 4 million members save for their retirement, healthcare, and housing needs as well as helping them cope with life’s uncertainties. With a fulfilling career, career growth, and development opportunities, you will be part of a big family of dedicated professionals. Join us and champion financial security for Singaporeans while leaving a lasting legacy.
What you will be working on
You will be responsible to manage the infrastructure that provides system resiliency solutions to protect the data. This includes the system administration of the enterprise backup, archival and storage systems to achieve a high level of security, reliability, resiliency, and recoverability.
A key role involves understanding of the cyber-security threats around data protection (eg. ransomware, site disaster), identifying the appropriate solutions to address the threats, using data to validate key decision points and thereafter to drive and see through the execution end-to-end.
Your key responsibilities include:
• Design, implement, and maintain backup and storage solutions across our hybrid cloud environment.
• Ensure the reliability and availability of backup and storage systems through monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• Able to perform provisioning of infrastructure through Terraform and Azure DevOps or similar CI/CD tool chains,
• Familiar with all relevant security and governance standards and ensures compliance.
• Create and maintain documentation on the backup systems, processes, and procedures.
• Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing.
• Assist with Incident / Problem Management and follow up till the issues are resolved and closed.
• Proactively review gaps in existing processes and systems and recommend continuous improvements.
• Stay abreast of emerging cyber security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls to identify and minimize the impact on IT and business.
What we are looking for
• At least 6 years of working experience with enterprise backup solutions.
• Advance knowledge of cloud architectural principals and design.
• Experience in deployment, implementation and managing operations in a hybrid architecture for backup and archival (on-prem and cloud).
• Practical experience in modern hyper-converged backup software preferred.
• Familiar with Incident management procedures and troubleshooting
• Robust IT operations background with competencies in server virtualization, disaster recovery, server backups and storage management.
• Ability to work beyond business hours and weekends for work contingencies where necessary.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as good interpersonal and organizational skills.
Seniority of appointment will commensurate with relevant work experience.
What you can expect:
• A challenging and rewarding career
• A variety of formal and informal training where you can hone your skills in the evolving technology landscape
• Promotion opportunities through your capability and on the job performance
• A friendly work environment with like-minded colleagues to co-create and collaborate together
• A hybrid work model where you can work remotely up to 50% of the time
• A productive yet growth-oriented workplace with flexible dress code where you are empowered to decide your appropriate outfit for the day
• Comprehensive rewards package
• Annual leave and pro-family leave
• Medical and dental benefits
• Access to recreational activities
• Position is on 2-year full time contract directly under the payroll of CPF Board with potential for emplacement into permanent position