Teacher (Special Education)
- Implement and monitor effective teaching & learning pedagogies, intervention strategies for students with Special Education Needs (SEN)
- Design and implement valid and reliable modes of assessment to evaluate students’ progress and development.
- Identify and design support structures to students with SEN
- Work with school leaders and management team to plan and implement school-wide educational and recreational programmes
- Collaborate and consult with allied professionals, parents/caregivers and external agencies to ensure quality support and well-being of students
- Responsible for designing, assessing and reviewing student-centric lessons with engaging approaches to accommodate individual learning styles
- Advocate to Heads of Department appropriate instructional learning resources to value add to students’ learning
- Review and reinforce learning activities using lesson plans and teaching strategies to help students to master concepts and skills
- Implement the use of information technology in lesson preparation and teaching to engage learners
- Research and keep abreast of up-to-date subject knowledge and design teaching resources in professional learning teams
- Supervise students and manage pupil behaviours in the classroom and on school premises to inculcate school values and enforce discipline
- Document concerns of students to facilitate problem solving with parents and professional support staff
- Conduct Parent-Teacher Conferencing to discuss students’ strengths, weaknesses and identify areas of focus to support IEP goals and transition
- Provide information to parents for home-school communications to support students’ progress
- Make home visits for students with high support needs and craft intervention strategies to meet student social and emotional needs
- Establish work plan priorities to meet school strategic thrusts
- Actively involved in staff meetings, co-curricular activities, educational conferences, and school programs.
- Participate in parents’ evenings and school-wide training events to promote home-school partnership.
- Participate in organizing school events, including sporting events, learning journey and other excursions like camping trips and educational tours.
- Diploma/ Degree from recognised Polytechnics and Universities with GCE ‘O’ level credits in English and Mathematics
- Prior experience with Students with Mid Intellectual Disabilities (MID) is preferred
- Specific subject knowledge, knowledge in special needs education and behaviour modification, Microsoft office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Interpersonal skills, classroom management skills, takes Initiative, effective communication Strong in verbal and written English
- Prior experience handling Numeracy/ Literacy, Physical Education, WPLN, Science, HSR, SEL/ CCE and Vocational Guidance is an added advantage.
- Candidates with recognised Diploma in Special Education, Diploma/ Degree in Education or Post Graduate Diploma in Education is preferred.