The Teacher Aide will be assisting our teachers in planning, developing, delivering and evaluating appropriate individualised educational services, learning programmes and instructions for special needs students in both self-contained and integrated settings.
- Assist teachers in managing students in classrooms and in community-based activities
- Supervise and assist individual or small groups of students in activities/educational tasks set by teachers
- Assist teachers in preparation of instructional materials and/or classroom environment for lessons
- Provide support for students with MID, Autism and other developmental disabilities. Priority is to support these students to develop skills to enhance personal care and independence, and support daily lessons/activities in and beyond the classroom including student profiling.
- Work with functional committees to plan and implement school-wide educational and recreational programmes.
- Collaborate and consult with allied professionals, parents/caregivers and external agencies to ensure quality support and well-being of students.
- Minimum GCE “O” level, NITEC, polytechnic diploma or equivalent
- Possess good Time Management, Problem Solving and Decision Making and Effective Oral and Written Communications Skills.
- Possess prior experience educating persons with Mild Intellectual Disabilities (MID)
- Possess working knowledge of educational technology applications
- Experience in diagnosing and assessing learning disorders
- Proven effective classroom and student behaviour management skills
- Knowledge of current special education practices and methodologies
APSN Chaoyang School (Ang Mo Kio)
APSN Katong School (Bedok)
APSN Tanglin School (Alexandra Road)
Do indicate your preferred work locations during your application.