What the role is
As a member of Team Central Provident Fund (CPF), you will play a crucial role in helping over 4 million members save for their retirement, healthcare, and housing needs as well as helping them cope with life’s uncertainties. With a fulfilling career, career growth, and development opportunities, you will be part of a big family of dedicated professionals. Join us and champion financial security for Singaporeans while leaving a lasting legacy.
What you will be working on
This is a hybrid execution and strategy role. The job holder will be part of a cross-functional team of designers, developers and product owners that continuously deliver features that improve the user experience of CPF digital services. The job holder will also collaborate with product owners to shape product strategy and align business goals with user needs.
The broad area of your responsibilities include
• Drive design problem-solving end-to-end, from identifying user needs, generating concepts to defining and creating a product and crafting how people will interact with it.
• Synthesise business, technology, user and content requirements into design concepts and set direction for the development of prototypes, user flows, design patterns and mocks-up.
• Communicate design concepts and design decisions, and explain trade-offs in a compelling way to stakeholders to get buy-in.
• Work closely with product owners and product managers to shape the product roadmap by sharing human-centred design perspectives.
• Co-conduct research and testing with researchers.
• Review work of junior designers and provide technical guidance to improve designs.
• Where applicable, work with vendors to achieve project outcomes.
What we are looking for
• Minimally 6 years of relevant work in UX design as a fully proficient individual contributor in a product environment.
• Proficiency in contemporary design tools, both physical and digital (such as Figma and Figjam).
• Experience working with a component-based design system.
• An owner’s mindset and can take the initiative to make things happen.
• Prior experience working on complex projects at financial institutions, super-app products, or leading consultancies.
You excel at
• Building user flows, wireframing, and visual design.
• Responsive design and native mobile/tablet design for Android and iOS platforms.
• Design communication (e.g., articulating design decisions to stakeholders).
• Guiding Dev teams with accurate implementation of designed work.
• Working in a team with diverse backgrounds.
You’re good at
• Providing good design guidance to the design team.
• Synthesising user insights and data to drive design decisions.
• Working with nascent ideas and negotiating ambiguity with an open mind while still driving projects forward.
• Contributing to design documentation and governance guides.
• Design facilitation (e.g., running discovery and ideation workshops with stakeholders).
It’ll be a bonus if you
• Have experience with product delivery management.
• A working knowledge of research methods.
Seniority of appointment will commensurate with relevant work experience
What you can expect
• A challenging and rewarding career
• A variety of formal and informal training where you can hone your skills in the evolving technology landscape
• Promotion opportunities through your capability and on the job performance
• A friendly work environment with like-minded colleagues to co-create and collaborate together
• A hybrid work model where you can work remotely up to 50% of the time
• A productive yet growth-oriented workplace with flexible dress code where you are empowered to decide your appropriate outfit for the day
• Comprehensive rewards package
• Annual leave and pro-family leave
• Medical and dental benefits
• Access to recreational activities
• Position is on 2-year full time contract directly under the payroll of CPF Board with potential for emplacement into permanent position