Candidates must be self-motivated, with superior work ethic and ability to work to strict delivery deadlines, with minimal direct supervision. Must have the ability to review and understand technical specs as they pertain to the creation of content for digital distribution platforms.
The Mastering QC Operator is responsible for performing full technical evaluations of video and audio assets, including identifying and logging film and digital anomalies and other production artifacts created through mastering, transcoding, dubbing and/or conversion processes for a variety of major studios and distribution platforms.
- Perform master level quality control of digital and physical assets
- Knowledge of SD/HD, 2K, 4K specs and technical parameters
- Setting up file player systems or VTR machines for playback
- Diagnose origin of issues found during QC and discuss potential solutions for fixes
- Familiarize with network, platform and broadcast specs and QC assets accordingly
- Work with management, client services and fellow team-members to establish consistency across reporting
- Personally ensure the technical accuracy and quality of work produced in QC report.
- Resolve technical or deadline related issues with operational departments and client services towards a timely resolution
- Maintain company quality standards by adhering to checklists and departmental directives
- Represent and uphold all department policies and procedures and maintain an exceptional level of service for our customers
- Participate in training, as needed
- Undertake additional department duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of Mastering Quality Control experience in a post-production environment
- Direct working knowledge and experiencing with Waveform, Vectroscope, and Audio scopes
- Must be able to use and understand vector, waveform and audio scopes and provide measurements
- Results oriented with strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of film and video based post production workflow and how they apply to industry specs
- Strong ability to follow direction, work unsupervised, at a fast pace in a calm and collected manner
- Ability to troubleshoot and act as a critical thinker