Daily Engineering Operations
• To cut, fabricate and install wooden and other structures according to specifications.
• Reads blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirement.
• Takes measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed.
• Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other materials (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements.
• Builds window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items.
• Lays out floorings, roofing or drywalls ensuring they are leveled and compatible.
• Carves and assembles furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated.
• Builds scaffolding and other construction structures.
• Rectifies equipment and facilities breakdown as required.
• Responds to requests relating to carpentry issues from hotel patrons in a timely and efficient manner.
• Replaces faulty components / parts as required.
• Rectifies / Repairs damaged furniture to the highest quality level and in a timely manner.
• Rectifies / Repairs defective building surfaces to the highest quality level and in a timely manner.
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience as carpenter
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Good knowledge of English
- Good understanding of basic math
- Good physical condition and endurance
- Related or relevant carpentry training/certification preferred.
- Detailed Engineering knowledge.
- Planning ahead.
- Great communicator.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of colleagues.
- Service oriented professionalism.
- Ability to contribute in a team environment.
- Multicultural awareness to work with colleagues from diverse cultures.
- Responsive to change within the team.
- Sense of urgency and able to set priorities