The Housekeeping Coordinator carries the responsibilities of managing FCS, lost and found records and clear documentation at the storage areas along with other administrative duties wherever deemed necessary.
Responsible for Housekeeping office operations in timely organised fashion
- Ensures seamless coordination in communicating information to relevant sections in accordance with the hotel’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Ensures smooth running of the Housekeeping section by performing all tasks in adherence with the code of ethics.
- Receives, records and stores lost and found properties following the established lost and found procedure.
- Ensures accurate update of room status into the Property Management System (PMS) and investigate discrepancy (if any).
- Maintains key control and follows established key control procedure.
- Monitors linen runner activities and productivity.
Creates a welcoming experience that meets residents’ and guests’ expectations
- Upholds flawless impression and perception of the Raffles Hotel Singapore products, services and colleagues.
- Prepares amenities for VIP and any special setup required in suites.
- Monitors Royal Service requests and makes sure requests are closed on time as per standards.
- Updates guest’s profile into PMS as per received preferences for future references.
- Monitors “Do Not Disturb” rooms and follows the established procedure.
Prepares daily operation needs
- Ensures smooth handover of daily activities to next shift.
- Updates bulletin boards with pertinent information.
- Prepares sufficient amount of guest supplies daily prior to the end of shift.
- Assists Assistant Manager with inventories, linen supplies etc.
- Liaises with Engineering with reference to maintenance repairs and out of order rooms.
- Undertakes and manages the Rooms Reconciliation tasks independently.
Involvement as a member of both the Housekeeping and the Hotel Team
- Ensures service standards and individual performances are aligned with Accor Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
- Follows sustainable procedures and practices that support ‘Planet 21’ initiatives (Accor’s Corporate Social Responsibility program).
- Adheres to Work Safety and Health (WSH) policies and procedures.
- Shows care for assigned work areas by organising and maintaining the office and work areas in pristine condition throughout and at the end of shift.
- Ensures that all equipment used is clean and kept in good working condition at all times.
- Organises own work flow to ensure completion of all assigned duties before the end of shift.
- Exercises flexibility and accepts changes with a positive attitude by showing understanding and consideration to the needs of the operations and department.
- Understands the difference in guest hierarchy and different room categories.
- Attends and contributes to colleague meeting and any other related activities.
- Undertakes and performs any additional duties as assigned by Managers.
Knowledge and Experience
- Post-Secondary Education.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good computer skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with multi-cultural awareness and able to work alongside a team of colleagues from different cultures.
- Responsible self-starter capable of handling multi-faceted tasks.
- Service oriented with an eye for details.
- Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively.
- Able to work efficiently and independently under pressure in a dynamic environment while still contributing to the team.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
Benefits of Joining Raffles Hotel Singapore
- 5-day Work Week.
- Duty Meals are provided.
- Colleagues’ Discount and/or Preferential Room Rates at worldwide Accor Hotels.
- Flexible Benefit – Dental/Optical/Vacation Expenses/Children’s Education.
- Medical and Wellness Benefit.
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage.
- Local/Overseas Career Development & Growth Opportunities.
- Holistic Learning and Development Opportunities.