Windows System Engineer - J11
- 1 year renewable contract
- Nearest MRT: Redhill MRT / Bukit Merah MRT
- Working hours: Monday - Friday, 830am to 6pm
1) Server Administration & Support
- The staff shall be security cleared to start work
- The staff shall provide administrative support for server infrastructure related work.
- The staff shall provide 2nd and 3rd level support and incident/service request according to escalation matrix.
- The staff shall provide coordination for Data Centre facility works or other relevant task.
- The staff shall perform basic scripting to improve routine work processes.
- The staff shall manage the IT Maintenance outside office hour once a month.
2) Systems Monitoring & Management
- The staff shall perform systems monitoring using centralised management tools.
- The staff shall help ensure availability of Data Centre services through performance monitoring and fine-tuning of monitoring parameters.
- The staff shall have basic knowledge and skillset in Microsoft Windows
- Operating System and Symantec NetBackup or equivalent.
- The staff shall monitor backup job status and perform backup administration.
- The staff shall perform software distribution/system patching and generate patch status reports
3) Support and Operations
- Provide 1st level O&S support and incident/service request escalation according to escalation matrix.
- Provide support on IT infrastructure through remote and travelling to on-site to troubleshoot / resolve issues.
- Conduct preliminary troubleshooting and isolating of IT infrastructure faults. And escalate faults to next level of support if necessary.
- Co-ordinate with external agencies or contractors to resolve IT infrastructure issues. (e.g. replacement /repair of faulty equipment)
- Provide after office hour onsite support for emergency / critical operations when required.
- Provide on-site support for IT infrastructure maintenance and equipment replacement.
- Monitor and ensure maintenances are perform on schedule.
- Conduct patch assessment, planning, coordinating, patch tracking and its deployment.
- Conduct functional testing with contractor after patching.
- Assist in migration of IT infrastructure.
4) Availability, Performance & Resource Management
- Perform network/systems monitoring using centralised management tools. (e.g. connectivity status, availability, performance and resource utilisation, etc…)
- Perform network/systems health and operation checks to ensure IT services are up and running on daily basis.
- Respond to email /sms alerts on IT infrastructure.
- Escalate if the equipment is down or not performing as expected.
- Diagnose and resolve performance issues related to IT infrastructure.
- Generate monthly progress report on availability, resource utilisation, patch and health status on IT infrastructure. Highlights any possible bottlenecks and potential capacity issues.
5) Configuration Management and Inventory management
- Maintain proper versioning and updated documentation according to the format provided by the Authority. The documentation contains information such as IT infrastructure design, equipment location, patching records, filtering requests records, etc.
- Assist in audit and prepare all the necessary documents required for the audit.
- Update operation and procedure documentation and engineering support procedures
*We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidate will be notified*
Jobster Pte Ltd (EA License No: 06C5060)