Windows L2 Engineer
- Opportunity within a well-known firm with a solid track record of success
- Work on IT projects in the banking industry
- Tremendous learning opportunities
Our client is a consulting company that provides Business Management & Information Systems services to clients in the Financial Services industry. With a talented team armed with in-depth knowledge, the company is confident in tackling any challenges that a volatile and competitive market brings. The company also prides itself in building loyalty and trust with its consultants and partners.
In this role, you will be supporting the team during diagnosis when technical issues rise in scope of expertise and managing the daily relationship with Clients including planning, requests clarification, risks mitigation and service quality
You will be responsible for :
- Staying aware of the global IT structure and anticipating interrelationships within the organization
- Engaging with technical peer, Service managers, Architect and project teams on technology roadmap and projects
- Facilitating transformation projects and suggesting future directions for new areas of improvement and change
- Guaranteeing the production readiness and license to operate of new projects and solutions,
- Understanding new technologies and technology trends and reviewing them for incorporation
- Actively assisting in identifying the most technical skilled candidates for open roles
- Technical coaching and developing partner resources to improve quality and productivity
- Defining the technical skillset required to support technologies, assigning technical tasks and manages delegation for technical issues
- Supporting technical skills development and providing training when required
- Supporting new technologies and leveraging them to provide consistency of service across streams
- Managing service improvements for all Windows services supported throughout the organization
- Documenting, reviewing, maintaining and sharing relevant technical information to the team
- Providing technical direction, supporting services both proactively and reactively to maintain the availability and reliability of system infrastructure in accordance to the SLA
- Implementing and developing improvements based on best practices
- Focusing on automation and optimum use of the team to improve efficiency
- Driving and delivering root cause for any high severity issue
- Reviewing technology changes to identify potential risks
- Overseeing problem management and resolution
- You have at least 6 years of experience in managing Windows environment with 3 years of experience in financial institutes
- You have worked in a SLA driven environment
- You have experience in system Administration of Windows environment
- You have good knowledge of windows 2008,2012,2016 and ESXi OS.
- You have experience in Windows clustering Administration, troubleshooting and Microsoft failover clustering manager.
- You possess hands on knowledge/experience with HP hardware (DL, BL, Synergy, Simplivity series)
- You have troubleshooting skills in WINDOWS OS, Hyper-V and VMWARE related issues.
- You have experience with patch deployment Process (Planning, Schedule, Rollout) by following the Microsoft Guidelines.
- You have knowledge of SCVMM and Virtual Center and working experience with Altiris and Active Directory
- You have experience with Performance Analysis and Root cause analysis for Critical and Major incidents
- You have experience with Monitoring tools like HPOMI, NNM, TIVOLI, etc.
- You have strong knowledge of Server Deployment, configuration, Bios upgrades and firmware upgrades.
- You have strong understanding of storage configuration, LUN creation procedures and policies.
- Prior knowledge and/or hands on working experience with emerging technologies – Cloud IaaS, HP Synergy is advantageous
- Having scripting Knowledge in PowerShell would be added advantage.
- You have the ability to work in a flexible, team-oriented and constantly changing environment
- You are able to support during Critical weekend changes if required.
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal and logical skills
- You are customer oriented and a strong team player
- You possess the ability to work under pressure and a commitment to solving issues
- You show high level of commitment and proactivity
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You must be willing to work rotating shifts
Snaphunt Pte Ltd