Wet Etch Process Development Engineer
Req. ID: 111823
Micron’s Singapore Technology Center TD group is looking for process development engineer to support TD activities associated with rapid deployment of technology nodes, the process margin improvement work necessitated thereof as well as to ensure extended engagement with manufacturing on the upcoming technology nodes.
- Develop and optimize wet processes to meet the yield and quality requirements of advanced 3D-NAND devices including the development.
- Develop techniques to prove out manufacturability and quantify the gain of next generation cleaning solutions.
- Organize well designed experiments to understand the interaction between process and hardware parameters and use this knowledge to optimize for best performance
- Prioritize within Singapore Wet process group and integration team on the key technology issues that need TD breakthroughs.
- Integrate and troubleshoot processes as part of cross-functional teams driving yield and quality improvement.
- Participate with Boise based TD Wet Process groups on technology choices for the upcoming nodes.
- Identify disruptive processes early on and work with manufacturing and Boise TD to identify viable path forward.
- Initiate and manage experiments to widen process margins as well as to test out manufacturability of next node solutions.
- Identify process simplification opportunities and drive cross functional teams in implementation
- Incorporate best known manufacturing methods into early development phase of upcoming nodes.
- Design and implement advanced process monitoring and control methodologies
- Actively participates with integration team and suppliers on complex, multi-disciplinary projects for improvements to quality, process and yield improvement projects of critical importance to Micron.
- Serves as a technical expert within Micron contributing to technical projects for improvements to processes, procedures and equipment.
- Provides advice and counsel to management on significant technical issues. Leads and initiate innovation projects through patents/technical papers.
- This position requires communications and collaboration with partners both locally and globally. Strict adherence to Micron Intellectual Property protection policy is a must.
- Bachelor or higher degree, preferably in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or materials science background with minimum 2 years hands-on experience in leading edge Wet Process technology work. Alternatively, Master or PhD in the relevant field is fine.
- In-depth understanding of chemistry fundamentals, wet etch processes, and strip plasma processing equipment.
- Understanding of various integration/structural impacts and constraints related to Wet processes.
- An ability to understand and troubleshoot chemical depletion effects within three dimensional structures and come up with innovative ideas to mitigate the effects.
- An understanding of the general process steps and process flow for memory processing, NAND memory in particular.
- Have an fluent understanding of surface and analytical characterization techniques such as ICPMS, TOF-SIMS, XPS, SEM, TEM, etc
- Working knowledge of data analysis systems e.g.: Y3 and JMP to facilitate analysis of experimental data. Working knowledge of Design of Experiments (DoE).
- Proven ability to collaborate with local and overseas teams on projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to convey the message in concise and effective manner both in local as well as remote communications.
- Ability to be a self-motivated individual and be adaptable to Micron’s changing needs in terms of working extended hours, if required.
- Proven ability to work in a demanding & dynamic environment and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time and stay at Boise R&D for 4-6 months at a stretch to work on technology development.
Location: Fab10, 1 North Coast Drive, Singapore
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || Technology Development || College || Regular || Engineering || Not Applicable ||
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Plasma, Data Analyst, Engineering, Science, Data
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.