WAN engineer with level 2 network support role, in Data centers (DC), campuses (CUS) and Overseas International WAN (OBWAN).
Accountable for deployment, programming and operation of Overseas International WAN network.
Job Duties & responsibilities
- Management of network daily activities; incident and problem management; security incident responses and management.
- Responsible to work with respective countries’ s network team members on the review of network architecture and design, troubleshooting, as well as to work on the replacement of EOS network system or devices.
- Responsible to work with the respective server and application teams’ members in troubleshooting and identify root cause, related to network.
- Responsible to work with the respective network vendors’ support teams for the troubleshooting, identification and resolution of network problems.
- Responsible for network devices, as well as appliances, vulnerability review and assessment.
- Responsible for change implementation review, assessment and perform change on network devices during Bank’s Green zone time which is night hrs
- Responsible to conduct post implementation review on areas of improvement and tuning.
- Responsible to conduct and train Level 1 engineers and countries’ network team, i.e. to equipped them with the knowledge to run and maintain Overseas International WAN network.
- Gather user' hosting requirement, do product research, if necessary, of users' products, do network assessment and advice various teams for network related requirements.
- Coordinate with information security governance team to align IT infrastructure with established standards.
- Ensure system compliance with all established information security policies
- Perform period health check of network devices.
- Assist Level 1 Support Engineers during problem determination and resolution whenever necessary.
- Device Access management
- Advanced troubleshooting production problems with RCA and fault diagnosis
- Performance and historical trend analysis
- Develop processes for improving operational efficiencies, as well as identifies/implements automation tools for existing manual processes.
- Prepare technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as documentation of network design and operational requirements.
- Ready to be on call for 24x7 support.
The person should have 4 to 7 years of network engineer experience with the following skills and competencies:
- Knowledge and experience in build and trouble-shooting of low latency network architecture.
- Knowledge and experience in employing and using various networking trace tools, i.e. Sniffer, Wireshark, riverbed net profiler, NetBrain, Gigamon etc.
- Knowledge and experience in using network management systems, i.e SolarWinds, Nagios, Syslog Kibana etc.
- Pro-active, dynamic and with good analytical/conceptual thinking.
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Hands on knowledge of routing, switching and other network infrastructure technologies such as:
- BGP, OSPF,PBR
- MPLS, dark fiber
- DMVPN, IPSec ,IPSLA
- Multicast, unicast
- Cisco SD WAN Knowledge
Infinite Computer Solutions Pte. Ltd.