VP, User Researcher, Digital Bank
The UOB Digital Banking team conceives, creates and runs a wide range of digital platforms and assets. As part of our drive to create the most engaging digital banking experiences possible we are expanding our digital design teams in all areas.
You will be part of a very vibrant and dynamic design team at the heart of the UOB Digital that is innovating the way the customers engage with bank through the most customized experiences possible.
- Collect user research needs from internal stakeholders such as product owners, lead designers or senior management
- Work across different countries, segments and platforms to gather insights from users on UOB digital bank products as well as other unmet needs
- Assist in ethnographic research projects employing observational techniques to better understand customer motivations, behaviors and needs
- Plan, moderate and scribe research studies, focus groups, remote and one-on-one user research sessions to obtain user preferences and feedback
- Present findings and recommendations in a plan that drives future design improvements
- Generate wireframes (paper or electronic 'sketches') and prototypes as needed
- Apply knowledge in human factors and the user-centered design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
- Present findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers.
- Promote user centered design principles and best practice across the organization
- 2-3 years’ experience planning and executing user research studies
- Experience conducting user interviews, focus groups, ethnographic field studies, and quantitative user techniques
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, InVision, Sketch, Zeplin
- Experience synthesizing results into executive summaries for key stakeholders, helping them through interpretation of data and related decisions
- Experience of Human Centred Design
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and drive; self-starters will thrive in this position
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)