VP, Trade Sales Advisor (Commercial Banking), Group Transaction Banking
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Retail function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs.
We develop integrated products and services targeted at helping small and medium-sized enterprises across the region progress through different stages of growth. These include innovative solutions and initiatives in areas of working capital loans, operational efficiency and currency exposure.
The Business Banking (BB) Trade Sales role focuses on originating, structuring and delivering trade solutions to domestic clients.
The key clients are the domestic SMEs and traders which have trade finance financial supply requirements (e.g. export LCs negotiation, adding of confirmation and discounting of export bills etc). In collaboration with the Relationship Managers, BB Trade Sales will lead such discussions with clients and convert such conversations to business opportunities.Â Â
The key performance indicators are to driveÂ and growÂ UOB Groupâ€™s trade mandates and revenue in Singapore:-
- ProvideÂ sales advisory to existing and prospective BB clients to fulfill their trade finance or working capital objectives.
- OriginateÂ and generateÂ business deals with existing and new to bank or new to product clients based in Singapore.
- BuildÂ a meaningful business pipeline of trade sales opportunities and drives conversion and closure of such business opportunities efficiently.
- ParticipateÂ and supportÂ any sales initiatives conceptualization and commercialization.
- Holder of a University Degree from a recognized University
- More than 3 years of transaction banking experience focusing on trade finance.Â Past experience as a RM is an added advantage.
- Conversant in documentary trade and open account trade services and financing
- Good working knowledge of working capital solutions and ability to articulate value propositions from a working capital perspective.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and possession of good presentation skills.
- A highly motivated team player with strong collaborative skills and initiatives.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)