Assistant VP, Developer, Digital Banking Technology, GTO
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
- Lead Agile/Scrum teams as a scrum master and engineering lead and guiding the teams on how to get the most of out self-organization
- Facilitating Scrum ceremonies (daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, sprint planning, demo and retrospectives)
- Supporting and educating the product owners, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Establishing trust with internal and external teams and stakeholders, removal of tactical and organizational impediments, and also finding innovative ways to accelerate Sprints delivery.
- Facilitating engineering and solution discussions with internal and external teams
- Work within the teams to align operational tasks to strategic objectives and ensure they understand the big picture and goals
- Empower the teams to identify, plan, and execute against projects that increase support efficiency and quality
- Be at the center of the transformation of our engineering culture
- At least 6+ years relevant work experience, including a minimum of 4 years in application/platform development
- Good Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings)
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive
- You have a great attitude and can adapt to change. You stay calm, poised and maintain a sense of humor even in the face of big challenges or under pressure
- Experience managing software engineering teams designing and building consumer facing applications in iterations
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)