VP, Technical Delivery Manager - Enterprise\Intranet, Group Technology and Operations
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
- Manage delivery of initiatives – projects and change request. Responsible for planning, managing vendor and in-house development, solutioninig, implementing and maintaining software applications systems.
- Manage technical implementation plan across application teams - coordinate technical implementation activities across application, infrastructure and security teams to ensure non-event production cutover and adequate post implementation support.
- Review solution design and effort estimates from the team and prioritize projects and change requests assigned to the team
- Anticipate and resolve any development issues or risks either independently or together with the relevant stakeholders and propose alternative solutions as necessary
- Escalate issues that impacts project schedule on timely basis and propose workarounds/resolutions.
- Professional and consultative mindset with commitment for excellent customer service.
- Lead or contribute to cross-team improvement initiatives relating to methods, tools, architecture, and governance
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology synergies to save costs and improve efficiencies across Enterprise systems
- Drive adoption of methods (E.g. Agile/Devops) and industry practices to improve quality and productivity outcomes
- Minimum 12 years of working experience in application development and implementation, particularly in Intranet projects using advanced collaboration technologies
- Minimum 6 years of hands on experience and proven ability with SharePoint 2010/2013, Office 365 / SharePoint Online, Web parts, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint features, and ASP .Net/.Net technologies
- Deep knowledge of the Microsoft technology stack with demonstrated expertise on the SharePoint platform and experience with enterprise projects on SharePoint including intranet and extranet portals
- Solid Understanding in following
- MS Visual Studio, AJAX, Web services, WCF
- BMC Remedy ITSM tools
- Middleware (Windows PowerShell, Shell scripts, MQ, Connect Direct)
- Infrastructure (Windows Servers, MS SQL Server, Oracle Server with PL/SQL experience)
- Added advantage to have K2 Five technology knowledge
- Good understanding and experience in of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Knowledge in Agile development methodology is a plus
- A confident and self-aware leader with a high degree of independence, excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills – demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
- High level of drive, integrity, persistence, edge, can-do attitude, pro-activeness and maturity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment to influence, negotiate, lead and work as a team player to deliver.
- A strong and assertive communicator in speaking and writing
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)