VP, Senior System Analyst - Data, Business Technology Services
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
In DATA ANALYTCIS domain (ie BIG Data engineering, Data Warehousing, Data Integration, Data Quality, Data Modelling, Visualization, Analytics, Machine Learning based model development etc). the broad responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with business partners to define technology solutions for business requirements/capability roadmap.
- Collaborate with technology peers and leaders to define the future architecture and application roadmap. Create/maintain principles, practices, and standards to get there. Influence leadership and staff to constantly move towards it. Monitor the adoption and efficacy of architectural standards and practices.
- Collaborate across the technology organization in ensuring execution plans are aligned with architecture and application roadmap.
- Drive change across the Data engineering team via personal credibility, experience. Need to demonstrate empathy, continually balancing between autocracy vs. autonomy vs. anarchy around technology choices and change.
- Create awareness and buy-in amongst various stakeholders about architecture. Design pattern, framework and new way of working. Needs to be able to act as a mentor/executor when required.
- Participate in and lead cross-company technology initiatives.
- Deep knowledge of modern technology stacks, software development tools and practices, application and system performance monitoring, and the patterns and practices required to build highly available and scalable services.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline or a BS degree in Computer science, Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics with significant relevant software development and Big data experience.
- Detailed understanding of infrastructure, integration, virtualization, storage, networks, and security technologies.
- Detailed understanding of Industry data model, reporting data model and other standard data model required to support build-out of static and dynamic analytical capabilities
- Expertise in large databases involving e.g. Oracle, Teradata etc
- Expertise in Data Integration tools/platform e.g. Informatica, IBM Data Stage etc
- Expertise in Visualization tools/platform e.g. Qlik, Power BI etc
- Expertise in Big Data Engineering tools/platform e.g. Cloudera, Horton Works, APACHE etc. Deep expertise in HDFS, HIVE, IMPALA, Kafka, SPARK, YARN is a plus
- Has operated in a mixed portfolio of cloud-native and legacy technologies.
- Passion to leverage Data/Analytics and Machine learning to advance business projects.
- Good experience with large scale technology modernizations and platform migrations of data warehouse, data marts, reporting tools etc
- Recent experience with technology organization and culture transformations, particularly integrating effective Agile planning and development practices across large organizations.
- 10+ years of experience of services, product development, infrastructure and security experience as an architect or similar hands-on technology leadership role.
- Experience designing, building, and operating high volume, client facing SaaS products.
- Extensive knowledge of learning management, content distribution, and related education technology platforms, standards, and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator. Must be able to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Evidence of your ability to influence an organization.
- Solid financial and operational acumen. You must understand the cost tradeoffs of various technology decisions and be able to model short and long term implications.
- Demonstrates experience in translating high level business capability requirements into executable technical solutions in the larger context of Domain Architecture focused on DATA
- Broad experience of projects involving one/more of relevant Data Analytics technology areas viz BIG Data engineering, Data Warehousing, Data Integration, Data Quality, Data Modelling, Visualization, Analytics, Machine Learning based model development. Key focus is ‘Big Data’ technologies for enterprise data systems
- Prior experience in defining enterprise data roadmaps for up-scaling and/or modernization of Data architecture
- Prior Experience in leading experimentation and selection of technologies. Using the same to design and develop platform / application frameworks
- by leveraging his/her expertise on technology drivers and trends, analysis of cost and complexity, and fit with organizational and operational capabilities.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)