VP, Senior Production Support Engineer, Production Support, GTO
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
Technical Application Support Lead. Coordinate and Manage L2 application support for UOB's Regional applications sitting in Platform Domains (Trade, Payment, Compliance, SWIFT & Messaging Systems).
• Team Lead of Level 2 Application Support Analysts
• Provide daily support with resolution of escalated tickets and act as liaison to business and technical leads to ensure issues are resolved in timely manner
• Participate in knowledge transfer to ensure better grasp of the product and domain.
• Coordinate with Application Development Team to successfully deploy software releases in Production environments
• Lead by example in high pressure situations
• Ability to correlate events across multiple systems to proactively surface and resolve deep underlying issues
• Lead cross functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
• Assess operational readiness of new products / applications / flows
• Manage communication for Incidents (SLA breaches, Application Major Incidents, Logistics issue) and responsible for communications within team, manager and department
• Execute continuous service improvement plan, process improvement
• Communicate complex technical issues to business users in a language they understand
• Contribute in effective knowledge management best practices within team and organization
• Drive non-functional requirements into change process
• Monitor process and software changes that impact production support, communicate project information to the production support staff and raise production support issues to the project team.
• Distributed Technologies – Unix/Linux, MQ, WebLogic, Java, Oracle, connect-direct,
• Strong Knowledge of CI / CD tools and techniques
• Automation – Python, Shell Scripting
• Strong understand of web application architectures and protocols
• 8+ years’ experience supporting or developing Wholesale/Retail banking applications
• 5 + year’s experience developing and supporting applications including scripting skills in Perl, Unix Shell Scripting and Windows batch scripting.
• Software Engineering & Change Management
• Solid understanding of resiliency and redundancy designs
• Interfaces and Messaging systems
• Solid understanding of ITIL methodology
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to learn new skills quickly with little supervision and ensuring the detail is of high priority
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well at all levels
• Efficiently and effectively manages work, time, and resources
• Applied knowledge of standard` development methodologies
• Ability to handle high stress and pressure situations and lead by example
• Strong problem solving and program execution skills while being process orientated
• Self-motivating and delivery focused individual
• Ability to understand the big picture – can step back and understand the context of problems before applying analytical skills to address the issues
• Proven ability to communicate and develop long lasting relationships with all levels of management in a clear, concise manner
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)