VP, Senior IT Infrastructure Specialist, Shared Infrastructure Services
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
- Supporting day to day operational support for IT infrastructure including VMware vSphere, IBM pSeries and x86 servers.
- Advanced Troubleshooting and 24/7 operational support
- Performance Monitoring & Tuning
- Capacity Management
- Preventive/Proactive Support
- Incident/Change/Problem Management
- Act as a player coach for System Administrators
- System Administration for Red Hat Linux /Solaris and Windows
- Installation/Configuration/Maintenance of Standard Operating System
- Establish configuration standards and design guidelines for UNIX operating systems.
- Installation and Configuration of Standard Runtime/Middleware stack
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills
- Drive the tech refresh and re-platforming projects
- Performance Tuning
- Provide system administration support for development team’s app configuration task
- Support Incident/Change/Problem Management
- More than 5 years’ experience in Banking IT Infrastructure Operations
- vSphere 5.x and 6.x to include vCenter Server for Windows, vCenter Server Linux Appliance and VMware ESXi
- Intensive experience on virtual distributed switch, datastore cluster, VM affinity rules
- Intensive experience in supporting vSphere in DMZ
- VMware PowerCLI
- Possess sound technical knowledge of AIX, Solaris hardware, operating systems.
- HPE ProLiant Hardware, both blade and rack mount servers
- Professional understanding of vSphere networking
- Professional understanding of SAN Storage technologies
- Good understanding of large data center facilities operation
- (Mid-Level) Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 Administration
- Proficient knowledge on NSX and vSAN technologies
- Experience in Hyper Converge Infrastructure.
- Strong in Infrastructure Automation
- Chef Automate or other config management tool development experience
- Knowledge in tools like JIRA, Confluence
- Hands-On experience on AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Strong awareness and sensitivity of the priority in maintaining full compliance with IT security and operation standards
- Highly organized, motivated and able to meet deadlines
- Customer focus and result oriented
- Ability to work under pressure with demanding objectives/timelines
- End of End Service Delivery/Quality Ownership
- Effective communication
- Ability to reflect proactively and take feedback positively
- Strong team player under a diverse workforce cultural backgrounds
- Able to work off hour and weekend support when required
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)