VP, Production Support Engineer, Core Banking, Group Technology
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
- To provide leadership for application support management functions of strategic, cross-functional or regional applications to provide a stable a production environment to business.
- To provide leadership in bringing efficiencies with continuous service improvement plan by usage of proper tools and process.
- Being able to partner with Technology, Operations and Business stake holders to derive and drive strategic actions in providing a stable production environment to meet organization goal as a team.
- Manage production defect changes and work closely with Development team to provide strong governance for control for the applications in scope
- Manage vendor and/or developers for prioritization of issues, continours service improvement, procewss improvement, cost management and audit issues. Conduct Monthly service review track SLAs adherence from vendors. Manage a workload which is subjct to chaging priorities and demands.
- Drive the change in culture to ensure Production Support best practices is implemented while ensure partnerships with developers and business partners are strengthened
- Act as a facilitator and coordinate between various teams like Infrastructure, development team to resolve, analysis of root cause for complex issues and outages
- Work across multiple application management areas and support teams to ensure high level of support service
- Evaluate subordinates's performance and make decision on hiring and other personnel actions
- Minimum 10-12 years of experience working in IT industry with 8-10 years of experience in Technology solutions or support service delivery for banking industry, domain knowledge as below is preferred:
- Payment host (eg. Singapore FAST/PayNow/Giro, Thailand PromptPay, Malaysia DuitNow/QR/Direct Direct, Hong Kong Faster Payment System, Cheque Clearing)
- ATM, PIN host
- Channel host (support internet banking channel functions)
- Prior experience in large scale enterprise application development, capacity planning, optimization, re-engineering, and performance fine tuning and cost optimization
- Demonstrate accountability, leadership, independent initiatives and willingness to lead.
- Strong team player with management skills. Flexible and being able to manage time effectively.
- Able to work with sense of urgency under multiple deadlines and successfully organize and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience in leading staff in a Production Support group in a high availability / mission critical environment
- Experience in managing communications across business, operations and technology stakeholders at varying levels across a medium to large scale enterprise.
- 5 to 8 years's experience with AS400 (RPG, COBOL, CLP, C etc), MQ and connect - direct
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)