VP, Senior Data Analytics & Insights, Data Management Office
The Big Data Analytics Centre is a business function that leads the transformational build, use, and deployment of the banks next generation analytics capabilities and infrastructure. This exciting role will play a pivotal part as an Analytics Centre of Excellence that will take analytics to the next level through use of latest data and analytics technology currently being deployed. You will work either individually or in project teams to help the organization progress towards a self-service data discovery culture.
In this role you will be part of the Big Data Analytics Centre, and will aim to deliver new insights and bring analytical practices to life through data visualisation, intuitive dashboards and data modelling to support the adoption of analytics into the decision making process across the entire organization.
This is a unique role where the right candidate will be able to make a significant and visible contribution within a short period of time.
- Manage, build and deliver analytical solutions including dashboards to help businesses leverage their internal data assets for strategic decision making. Hands-on development of data models and visualisations will be required.
- Represent the Analytics Centre of Excellence to cross train team members, business users, and ensure business user adoption of analytics and supported tools.
- Support business users and senior management through use of data analytics and also in deployment of data analytics capabilities.
- Analyse data for portfolio managers to assist in the formulation of recommendations to deliver results against profitability and growth targets.
- Provide consultative support to stakeholders and senior management in understanding data trends, patterns and insights on our customers and business operations.
- Evaluate and improve existing analytics tools and platforms.
- Support the Enterprise Data Architecture and Governance Program and Big Data Program to develop the Analytics Capabilities and drive the Change Management agenda for the group.
- Drive innovation initiatives under the business leadership team’s guidance and directives.
- Degree in computing or science discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, IT)
- Min 6 years working experience in Analytics or Business Intelligence functions
- Strong experience in Power BI and/or Qlik
- Knowledge of big data ecosystems (e.g. Hue, Hive, Impala) and experience with SQL, data warehousing is a strong plus
- Experience in training and conducting user enablement sessions would be a plus.
- In depth knowledge of banking products and the overall industry
- Good written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders that persuades action
- Have an understanding of project management and business processes to help drive organizational results
- Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)