VP, Risk Management, Group Audit
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Audit function is an independent internal audit team that provides objective assurance and consulting to improve and add value to the Group’s operations. We help the Group achieve its strategic objectives by adopting a systematic and disciplined approach towards evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.Job Responsibilities
You will participate in audit projects and be responsible for the audits of Group Risk Management. A sound knowledge of risk management practices of financial institutions’ treasury, investment and loan activities; investment and derivative products; valuation / pricing, credit risk and statistical models/scorecards; as well as familiarity with Basel and regulatory requirements governing the businesses are essential. The team will perform different types of audits such as global, thematic or business portfolio audits of the Bank’s Head Office Operations as well as its regional subsidiaries and overseas branches.
You will plan, organize, execute and conclude on the internal audits including the preparation of an audit plan and audit report which fulfills the responsibility of the team, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource needs. You should be well-versed in assessing risks and controls; recommend business-focused solutions to improve risk management practices; as well as play an advisory role as subject matter experts. You will perform the quality review of auditing standards of the team and make recommendations to improve the audit processes and work paper documentation. You will prepare concise summarized reports and management papers for Audit Committees and other stakeholders.
- A recognized degree, with minimum 8 years of relevant working experience either in reputable auditing firms or financial institutions. Professional certifications such as CIA, CFA, FRM or CPA are added advantages.
- A sound knowledge of risk management practices of financial institutions’ treasury, investment and loan activities; investment and derivative products; valuation / pricing, credit risk and statistical models/scorecards; machine learning; as well as familiarity with Basel and regulatory requirements governing the businesses are essential.
- Exposure with programming languages like VBA, Matlab, SAS, SQL, Python etc is preferred.
- Experience with data analytics is advantageous.
- Able to multi-task and cope with change and diversity in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think objectively and “think outside the box” when analyzing issues
- Possess a strong analytical and problem solving skills with excellent verbal / written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong project management skills to lead audit assignments.
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)