VP, Retail Operational Readiness Centre
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
The role is responsible for planning and managing resources effectively to meet daily operations requirements, monitoring of operations performance to ensure the team meeting SLA at all times and maintaining a high standard of operations control and compliance within the division.
In addition, the role is expected to;
- manage and resolve customers’ and business units’ feedback and queries promptly;
- managing operations related projects;
- ensure that the Bank’s policies, guidelines, operations control and compliance requirements are strictly adhered to;
- ensure that operation procedures are kept upto-date;
identify opportunities to improve productivity, efficiency and service quality in the team and within the division while assuming the role as a mentor to coach staff to ensure high standard of performance, productivity and service quality.Job Requirements
- At least 7 years of retail banking, back office operation, in particular in the area of payments processing, cheque and Giro clearing
- Sound knowledge of retail banking products and the operations of such products
- Experience in change management projects, including reengineering operation processes
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)