VP, Regional Trade & FSCM Sales, Group Transaction Banking
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients.
- Identify potential and targeted trade customers. Potential Corporate Customers could be local corporates with existing operations in the regional countries, or have future plans to expand operations to regional countries.
- Provide trade advisory/structuring solutions to Potential Corporate Customers (at HQ level) on how UOB can support and be their trade bank provider in the regional countries according to their regional requirements addressing: (1) Working capital objectives; (2) Balance sheet management; (3) Documentary trade risk management.
- You will maintain close relationship with existing and target customers and develop a deep understanding of the customersâ€™ business and banking requirements.Â You will collaborate with Relationship Managers/Sector Solution/Trade Sales with respect to sales related activities such as joint sales call, account planning/wallet sizing and sales planning.
- To lead deal origination and collaborate with Relationship Managers/Trade Product Management Product & Sales Managers by providing product advisory, designing of solutions and winning trade/ FSCMÂ mandates/deals
- To own the end-to-end trade sales process from opportunity identification, designing and positioning the solutions to clients, winning the sales mandate, documentation and implementation of the deal.
- To achieve or exceed revenue, operating contribution targets and key performance indicator targets.
- To actively participate and support marketing & branding activities such as product forums, client events and Media Publication Awards especially with respect to winning awards.
- To ensure that you adhere to compliance and regulatory policies / guidelines and Our Bankâ€™s Organizational and Human Resources Policies / guidelines.
- To professionally complete ad-hoc assignments and tasks assigned by your immediate superior and/or by the GTB Management Team.Â
- University Degree from a recognized University with at least 5 years of transaction banking experience in sales position focusing on Trade Finance.Â Past experience in FSCM is an added advantage.
- Conversant in documentary trade and open account trade services and financing, both at the domestic and regional level.
- Good working knowledge of working capital solutions and ability to articulate value propositions from a working capital perspective.
- Possess working knowledge of electronic banking delivery, Host-to-Host solutions, ERP, etc.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and possession of good presentation skills.
- Must be highly motivated and possess good initiative.Â Must be a good team player with strong collaborative skills
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)