VP, Project / Business Analyst, Data Management Office
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Data Management Office and Big Data Analytics function answers the demand for quality and credible data across the Group.
Data Management Office
We govern the use of data across the Group and provide guidance for data management and usage. This optimises the value of data to enable smarter, faster and more accurate decision-making as well as improve operational efficiency. Above all, we ensure adherence to all data governance standards as determined by regulators.
Big Data Analytics
We are a centralised analytics function that supports Group-wide business units and their analytical needs. We aim to establish ourselves as an analytics centre of excellence and drive analytics adoption and the utilisation of new big data technology across the Group. Our key areas of service range from business intelligence, strategic analytics to data science.
The Data Management Office is a business function that covers Enterprise Data Governance, Data Management, Big Data Analytics and Enterprise Data Strategy. Data Management Office ensures that UOB meets all data governance standards set by data regulators and optimize data management and usage to help UOB make smarter, faster and more accurate decisions and to improve operational efficiency.
The Data Management Team (DMT) within the DMO serves as the single point of contact for users across UOB for data issue escalations. The DMT ensures that data hosted in data warehouse is of good quality and conforms to data standards such as completeness, accuracy and consistency, to support regulatory and management reports. The team also promotes data automation and makes use of data to help develop initiatives to improve productivity
You will be a member of the Project Team in the implementation of the New Enterprise Data Warehouse project. Your main responsibilities include:
- Gathering and documenting business requirements & functional specifications on data related initiatives.
- Perform data profiling and gap analysis, source to target mappings, data issue capturing, resolution and escalation.
- Provide end-to-end project delivery support, including workshop planning, conducting of workshop walkthrough, defect support, continuous validation and assisting with rollout activities.
- Able to perform complex SQL scripting to meet userâ€™s requests.
- User Acceptance Testing â€“ design and execute test cases and test scripts, including acceptance criteria.
- Foster strong working & collaborative relationships with the business & technology stakeholders.
- Day to day management of change requests in relation to the project plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree or equivalent professional qualifications in Computer Science with at least 7 years of working experience in banking industry, preferably with business / functional knowledge;
- Experience in gathering and documentation of business requirements;
- Knowledge of architecting and modeling in Systems Integration, Data Warehousing, BI tools, Big Data platforms and experienced in the use of analytical /query tools. Must be able to query and understand database solutions.
- Extensive experience designing, developing, and documenting data-driven solutions â€“ including capturing architectures, metadata systems, data dictionaries, databases and applications.
- Good team player who possesses drive and initiative;
- Excellent written / oral communication skills to effectively interact with different stakeholders and external vendors, able to work independently under pressure.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)