VP, Product Manager (Secured Lending, Investments)
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Retail function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services.
Personal Financial Services
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.Job Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be part of the PFS Loans Division, reporting into the Head of Secured Investment Lending.
- Ensure prompt renewal of Product Programs, Portfolio Review Documents, SOP for all products under Secured Investment Lending Dept.
- Actively (i) participate in the development and review of product programs, test programs (ii)engage and understand different stakeholders’ requirements and (iii) provide recommendations to ensure that key risks and controls are adequately addressed, before tabling at Credit Committee for approval of financing proposals.
- Ensure and maintain proper documentation of the entire product development process from inception to completion as well as ongoing reviews of each product.
- Work closely with stakeholders to constantly seek out improvements on end-to-end processes to achieve faster turnaround and increase efficiency for trade fulfilment.
- Provide financing advice to Client Advisors, Treasury / Insurance Specialists, Portfolio Counselors, Business Directors with regards to the various programs’ guidelines & procedures.
- Review and evaluate Sales’ deviation requests before making appropriate recommendation for Management’s approval.
- Manage individual products’ profitability by working closely with Business Finance, Portfolio & Regulatory Management, Credit Management to monitor each portfolio’s behavior & performance vs budget.
- Define system specifications and participate in UAT testing for new and enhanced products.
- Drive digitalization initiatives to automate processes as part of the overall wealth capability roadmap.
- Work closely with Wealth Management Products team, Sales & Distribution to explore new financing initiatives on wealth product launches.
- Conduct individual product training to new hires & refresher training to existing Client Advisors.
- Perform periodic review, update and implementation of compliance control in accordance to Bank’s standards.
- Keep abreast with market updates to ensure product relevancy.
- Degree holder with min 10 years of banking experience in the areas of credit, frontline with good knowledge of retail wealth products & financing.
- Sound knowledge on Bank’s lending requirements, credit documentation & processes, credit monitoring rigor and system-related requirements regarding loans, collateral management and custodian.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player and willing to take on additional responsibilities as and when assigned.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and under pressure, with fast turnaround.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel / Word / Powerpoint.
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)