VP, Product Manager / Open Account Trade, Group Transaction Banking
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients.
Reporting to the Open Account Team Lead, the position will be responsible for supporting management, planning and development of trade and/& FSCM products for Transaction Banking customers. As part of the Group Product Management team, the position will be part of Open Account team responsible for coordinating group and country Open Account Trade product program requirements, as well as participate in requirement specifications and rollout of global products. The position will also be responsible for the end-to-end management of any approved group and country trade and/& supply chain financing programs assigned.
- Contribute to product P&L and business drivers (i.e. assets levels, contingent liabilities, transaction volumes, revenue/cost ratios, cost of credit, ROEC etc.) to achieve product profitability and EBIT growth
- Support Open Account team in developing standard product pricing policies. Ensure that all product solutions are aligned with regulatory requirements. Maintain product approval, programs, circulars and memorandums
- Support Open Account team to write and to maintain group product programs, circulars and transaction memorandums for new products. Liaise with internal and external suppliers and partners on product/business requirements. Engage business partners, i.e. Ops, Legal, Credit, Compliance etc., to align, implement, address and achieve product requirements and objectives. Maintain strong knowledge on processing methodologies, GL entries, facilities structuring and trade systems.
- Monitor importers’ and exporters’ evolving banking needs and package core services to meet those needs. Perform customer needs analysis and define product solutions / capabilities. Perform competitive analysis and market sizing. Perform regular product/market analysis. Validate new product ideas in market place.
- Prioritize, lead to drive & execute product initiatives and one-off programs, with joint ownership by customer support, to promote adoption by customers.
- Design standard sales kits, printed brochures and other relevant sales tools for sales team. Create product awareness and conduct training programs for sales and customer support. Provide product expertise support during sales road shows and customer focus group discussions.
- Understand, manage and analyse trade, SWIFT and industry data for management reporting as well as to generate potential sales leads (data mining)
- At least 8 years of working experience in trade finance and/or supply chain finance product management, especially for Asia
- Strong trade finance technical and operation experiences, in particular to Open Account Trade and Borrowing Based Trade Finance solutions.
- Possess strong in-depth knowledge of trade concepts/laws, regulations, ICC guidelines and international best practices
- Credit experience will be a plus
- A highly-motivated self-starter with strong analytical, interpersonal, negotiation and organisation skill.
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills with good spoken and written English
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)