VP, Product Manager, Business Management, Group Global Markets
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Global Market function leverages our in-depth knowledge of markets to provide timely financial advice, products and solutions to our clients. Together with our segment managers, we manage our clientsâ€™ investment, liability and risk management needs through a comprehensive suite of treasury products and services across multiple asset classes.
This is a key role within Global Markets (GM) Business Management responsible for product management / coordination.Â You will be required to understand the product/business rationale and key considerations associated with new products implementation.Â
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Operationalize and spearhead the GM product management process for products under the purview of the Pre-Trade Approval Group and the Product Program Committee
- Partnership with GM product managers to facilitate new product launches and ongoing product review of existing products
- Review and distillate model validation submission, reports and results
- Proactive management of key stakeholders (e.g. risk management, technology and operations, finance, legal and compliance, etc) to ensure key considerations and associated issues, if any, are addressed in a timely fashion to shorten the â€œtime-to-marketâ€ for new products / markets
- Maintenance of product documentation and information database
Business Policy Governance
- Development and review of in-business policies and procedures to ensure sound and consistent business / control practices in dealing room settings
- In business advisory to desk heads and overseas treasurers on policy / procedural matters in conjunction with the Business Assurance and Control team, where appropriate
- Ad hoc assignments in general and in the space of OTC derivatives reforms
- Degree in a finance, business or quantitative discipline.Â Additional finance / risk management qualifications such as FRM / PRM / CFA and background in model validation related work will be highly desirable
- Preferably with 3-7 yearsâ€™ experience in a financial institution with exposure to aspects of the product value chain (e.g., product features, processes and controls, risk and capital, and other operational considerations, etc)
- Open to also train candidates without prior experienceÂ Â
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills.Â Ideally with experience in coordination role dealing with various stakeholders from different areas
- Meticulous, highly motivated and committed to deliver as a team player as well as a competent/independent individual
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)