VP, Machine Learning Engineer, Data Management Office
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Data Management Office and Big Data Analytics function answers the demand for quality and credible data across the Group.
Data Management Office
We govern the use of data across the Group and provide guidance for data management and usage. This optimises the value of data to enable smarter, faster and more accurate decision-making as well as improve operational efficiency. Above all, we ensure adherence to all data governance standards as determined by regulators.
Big Data Analytics
We are a centralised analytics function that supports Group-wide business units and their analytical needs. We aim to establish ourselves as an analytics centre of excellence and drive analytics adoption and the utilisation of new big data technology across the Group. Our key areas of service range from business intelligence, strategic analytics to data science.
- Design solution architectures for data science/machine learning products and ensure its production quality from data-ops perspective.
- Work alongside Technology team to translate successful data science/machine learning proof-of-concepts into production grade solutions for deployment.
- Build solid end-to-end pipeline from raw data ingestion, storage to model servicing and inference for both batch and stream processing.
- Establish proper monitoring of online/offline models and perform re-training whenever necessary, preferably through an automated procedure.
- Facilitate machine learning model experiments at scale.
- To support and inspire data scientists and data analysts in writing high-performance, modularized, and reproducible codes.
- Keep track and evaluate cutting edge technology and industrial trends in the field of machine learning model deployment and operation.
- Minimum Bachelor/Postgraduate in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of working experience in machine learning model deployment and operation in production scale preferably with good knowledge in big data platforms.
- Strong competence in software programming using Java/Scala/Python and a variety of both traditional relational databases and modern distributed file systems.
- Familiarity with Apache Spark (and/or any other mainstream distributed computing platform) and the Hadoop eco-system (including but not limited to Hive, Hue, HBase, etc).
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)