VP, Legal (Wholesales), Group Legal & Secretariat
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Legal and Secretariat function is comprised of the Legal and Secretariat teams. The Legal team works closely with all functions across the Group to provide timely, accurate and practical legal support. This facilitates decision-making in the delivery of efficient service to our customers, while ensuring that the Group’s interests are protected. The Secretariat team supports the boards of UOB and its Singapore subsidiaries in the discharge of their responsibilities and provides advice on governance matters. It also facilitates communication between the non-executive directors and senior management, and manages the induction and professional development programme for directors.
Excellent opportunity for a corporate generalist or banking and finance lawyer to join a dynamic organization. You will be part of an established professional team of legal counsels providing legal advice to the Bank and its group of companies (Group) on a broad range of issues.
- Providing legal advice on a broad range of matters (including wholesale banking, corporate and operational matters). Specific coverage of segments and products will be allocated from time to time
- Drafting, reviewing and hands-on negotiation of diverse commercial documents and agreements
- Drafting legal policies and guidelines
- Providing legal solutions on Group-related matters
- Managing intellectual property rights of the Group
- Advising on litigation matters
- Advising business leaders on significant legal issues impacting the business
- At least 3 - 5 years of corporate legal experience gained from a combination of private practice and in-house roles
- A degree in law from a recognized university
- Self-motivated, confident, independent and prepared to work hard with a strong track record in managing a broad range of legal issues
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skill
- Meticulous and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)