VP, Legal IT/Digital, Group Legal
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the DepartmentJob Responsibilities
Excellent opportunity for a corporate generalist or banking and finance lawyer to join a dynamic organization. You will be part of an established professional team of legal counsels providing legal advice to the Bank and its group of companies (Group) on a broad range of issues.
- Providing legal advice on a broad range of matters (including banking, corporate and operational matters). Specific coverage of segments and products will be allocated from time to time
- Drafting, reviewing and hands-on negotiation of diverse commercial documents and agreements
- Drafting legal policies and guidelines
- Supporting Digital Bank and Fintech initiatives
- Providing legal solutions on Group-related matters
- Advising business leaders on significant legal issues impacting the business
- At least 3 - 5 years of corporate legal experience gained from a combination of private practice and in-house roles. Experience in IT contracts and a good understanding of digital solutions is preferred.
- A degree in law from a recognized university
- Self-motivated, confident, independent and prepared to work hard with a strong track record in managing a broad range of legal issues
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skill
- Meticulous and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)