VP, IT Release Manager, GTO
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
You will own the Release Management lifecycle (small functional changes to business applications) and work closely with IT Release Managers from various functions in scheduling, tracking and managing the releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios and geographies. You will also need to interface and communicate with Business T&O Partners, System Analysts, Development Managers, Test Managers, Change Managers and Senior IT Management. The releases will include application updates and enhancements, patches, security improvements, and compliance enhancements. The Release Management responsibilities also include building the IT Release Calendar working closely with the IT Release Managers from various functions across IT. Key activities include:
- Forward Plan the yearly Release Calendar, common across the organization
- Work closely with Business T&O Partners and Development Managers on the prioritization of scope for each release and control the baseline during delivery lifecycle
- Maintain the release schedule for all applications and ensure alignment across key stakeholders.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, schedule, and scope changes
- Escalate risks for management attention on issues which affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure the releases are delivered on time and meet or exceed expectations
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Schedule and Release Notes for each Release
- Weekly Status Reporting
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Facilitate regular UAT progress reviews. Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the implementation planning and Go-Live activities including the command centre setup to monitor execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-6 years of previous release and / or project management experience, (solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 8-10 years of experience in information systems (Banking preferred) operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to cross-functional influence and manage stakeholders to delivery expected results with high quality
- Demonstrated effective leadership, analytical, influencing skills
- Able to think out-of-the-box and introduce process improvements
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office and expert level knowledge of Excel
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)