VP, Infrastructure Architect, Shared Infrastructure Services
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
The IT Infrastructure Architect is a thought leader responsible for infrastructure deployment strategy as it relates to designing, selecting, building, configuring, and deploying business capability through application, infrastructure & technology solutions. This individual must be driven and must possess a wide range of IT infrastructure experience such as network, servers, storage, etc.
Provide both internal business and infrastructure group expertise in the development & execution of IT infrastructure solutions to business requirements, from both a strategic and tactical perspective; including IT security aspects.
- Reports into Infrastructure Planning and Design
- Executes regional IT infrastructure Planning and Design responsibilities to meet the regional business requirements of the Bank
- Engage and collaborate with engineering teams to establish, continuously improve and keep current regional IT Infrastructure Architectural Guidelines.
- Work closely with application teams, engineering and capacity planners to provide infrastructure architectural oversight and, ensure validity and alignment of solutions with Bank’s Infrastructure guidelines.
- Perform infrastructure project cost review prior to submission for budget approval.
- Mentor and guide infrastructure teams to follow the agreed architecting guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 8 years of IT experience of which at least 3 years as an Infrastructure Architect managing multiple, medium to large cross-functional projects.
- Track record of successfully designing infrastructure architectural and review of complex IT systems across countries.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)