VP, Group Special Asset Management
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Group’s business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile.Job Responsibilities
- Evaluate and formulate account strategy / action plan for management approval
- Negotiate / seek approval on viable debt restructuring plan
- Execute / implement / monitor on progress and effectiveness of the approved debt restructuring plan
- Follow up on recovery plan / remedial action
- A degree from recognized institution or relevant professional qualification
- At least 6 to 8 years’ lending / credit or restructuring / recovery experience in corporate banking or commercial banking.
- Familiarity with insolvency work, legal / court procedures and corporate finance / M&A knowledge (to work on structures to nurse back / turnaround businesses) will be an added advantage
- Good financial analysis, interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)