VP, Group Risk Management - Risk Analytics
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Group’s business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile.Job Responsibilities
- Validate all types of Credit Risk, Market Risk Models and related Enterprise Wide Risk Management Models.
- Highlight to Management the areas of risk and weaknesses in the models and document the whole validation reviews. This includes the quantitative and qualitative aspects of the model development, validation and stress testing.
- Provide regular advice and guidance to counterparts in the regional subsidiaries.
- Keep up to date with academic, technical and industry developments in the field of risk model design, development, validation and stress testing, and general regulatory requirements.
- Continual enhancements to assessment procedures necessary to validate model parameters and performance.
- A degree holder with at least 5 years relevant experience as a quantitative analyst in a risk management environment and/or model developer capacity.
- Candidates should have either a Masters or a Ph.D. degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Financial Engineering or Applied Finance with a good working knowledge of statistics, stochastic processes, probability and measure theory, stochastic calculus, financial product modeling and numerical methods.
- Holders of CFA/FRM/PRM have added advantage.
- Proficient in VBA/C++/SPSS/SAS and most Microsoft offices software.
- Familiar with Basel II and local/overseas regulatory requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to work with internal managers and external regulators.
- A team player who is also able to work independently under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)