VP, Global Markets Business Finance, Group Global Markets
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Finance and Corporate Services function manages the financial and administrative needs of the Group to help achieve its business goals.
We support enhanced decision-making to achieve optimal and sustainable financial outcomes for our shareholders. We are responsible for providing insights into the performance of the Group through financial, regulatory and performance reporting of the Group.Job Responsibilities
The role is part of the Global Markets (GM) and Investment Management (IM) Business Finance team with primary responsibility of providing performance management support.
The role will report to the team lead in charge of IM, GM Sales and Portfolio & Liquidity Management (PLM).
The role will cover IM as well as portions of GM Sales and PLM.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of financials to support internal and external reporting
- Deep dive and provide insights and analyses of desk performance
- Month-end closing responsibilities, covering all management accounting entries to enable accurate and timely segmental reporting at the group level per group timelines.
- Participate in monthly forecast and annual budget exercise
- Support recurring review of existing Global Market product program
- Review hedge documentation
- Deliver on ad-hoc requests and queries from the business and other stakeholders, including the overseas business finance counterparts.
- Participate in bank-wide projects, as well as support any business specific system changes or process enhancements to facilitate a more robust reporting environment.
- Degree or relevant professional qualification in accounting
- Minimum 8 years of related working experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good team player with initiative
- Able to work independently under pressure to produce accurate and timely work
- Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Accounting knowledge, especially around Financial Instruments
- Treasury Product knowledge
Good to have
- VBM / Smartview
- Qlik / PowerBI
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)