VP, Financial Reporting, Entity Reporting & Control, Group Finance
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Finance and Corporate Services function manages the financial and administrative needs of the Group to help achieve its business goals.
We support enhanced decision-making to achieve optimal and sustainable financial outcomes for our shareholders. We are responsible for providing insights into the performance of the Group through financial, regulatory and performance reporting of the Group.
You will be the team lead overseeing the UOB Singapore Operations (UOBS) financial close process and preparing financial analysis of UOBS.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team of 3 persons to perform the financial close of UOBS
- Execute controls over the financial close process to ensure accuracy and completeness including intercompany reconciliation
- Provide operational support on payments and dividends, prepare and post month end journals prepare and validate reporting schedules for submission to Group, monitor hedge effectiveness for certain portfolios
- Prepare and validate monthly/quarterly management reports
- Assist with queries from stakeholders including Group Finance, management, regulators etc
- Review and monitor bank wide FX positions together with Product Controllers to determine FX exposures and sell-down. Analyse impacts of FX position to PL.
- Corporate Shareholder Fund Business Finance lead which controls corporate spend and bank-wide accounting impacts such as consolidation elimination adjustments, valuation adjustments and GAAP adjustments across the Group.
- UOB Bank and Singapore Operations financial reporting and statutory reporting
- Work closely with Group Consolidation/Analytics team to review and validate financial results/position
- Manage the team to ensure financial close of UOBS is completed on timely basis
- Provide guidance to team over closing issues
- Track effectiveness and efficiencies of processes and controls and identify opportunities for improvement
- Review process flow and manual work requirements to identify and explore areas for potential automation
- Represent UOBS finance in systems implementation across the Bank and ensure that Finance requirements are addressed adequately
- Good understanding of SAP and CFR
- Analytical mind and meticulous with keen eye for details
- Self-driven with the ability to deliver within tight deadlines
- Strong financial accounting background
- Good understanding of FX positions arising from multi-currency ledger
- Ability to motivate and lead team for success
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)