VP, Finance & Accounting, UOB Global Capital
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
An exciting opportunity to join a new affiliate of UOB Global Capital (UOBGC). UOB Global Capital, founded in 1998, is the global asset management subsidiary of the UOB Group. UOB Global Capital operates from offices in New York and Paris, with representation at UOB’s Head Office in Singapore.
UOB Global Capital is backed by the resources of the UOB Group. UOB has acted as sponsor and co-investor in a number of UOB Global Capital’s investment funds and products, providing seed capital and demonstrating the Group’s commitment to its investment management business.
UOB Global Capital aims to build long-term relationships with its partners and clients, rather than merely “sell product”. As such, the firm’s professionals work together as a globally integrated team.
You will be part of a new Real Estate platform with a substantial portfolio of overseas assets and will be involved in optimising the performance of the portfolio and helping it grow through acquisitions.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial and management reporting, working closely with third party auditors and tax preparers
- Involvement in audit, statutory and tax-related compliance processes including preparation of requisite reporting and regulatory filings
- Build cash flow models and manage property/fund liquidity and forecasting to support real estate acquisitions, distribution payments and other expenses
- Assist in budgeting and business planning exercises
- Ensure that timely and accurate financial information is available to support management decision making
- Assist with capital management and fund-raising activities including evaluating debt and equity funding options for acquisitions as well as supporting the negotiation and execution of these arrangements
- Any other financial and accounting ad hoc requests
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent with at least 8 years relevant experience
- As an integral part of a Global real estate team, this position will require high level technical and communication skills to facilitate efficient work flow with an accounting and asset management platform located overseas
- Familiarity with real estate financials and ideally, experience with the retail sector
- Experience in SGX financial quarterly reporting and preparation of investor relations presentations and materials is an advantage
- Exposure to financial modeling and strong experience within real estate private equity or a REIT environment is an advantage
- Possess strong understanding of accounting, finance and operations processes
- Big 4 experience a plus
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)