VP, Enterprise Architect, GTO
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
Part of the Enterprise Architecture team, this position will focus on the data architecture of operational systems such as core banking, credit originations, payment systems, CRM systems, etc.
As the Enterprise Architect, focusing on operational data, you will have to:
- Establish end-to-end data architecture, including data modelling and governance approach
- Establish and/or govern the master source of truth, golden source and slave data strategy among the the operational application in the region
- Establish and/or govern the data flows across the applications
- Propose the roadmap to modernize our data approach for operational systems, driving toward real time data analytics.
- Advice on the best technologies to use according to the data use cases among structured, unstructured, document based, RDBMS
- Establish and govern a real time data services capabilities combining real time event processing and high volume / high throughput data storage technologies.
- Model and/or govern a banking conceptual data model helping to use common language and semantics across the various application that can be either packages or custom built applications.
- Work closely with the business analyst, business representative, data professionnals to establish the common model
- Work closely with the application delivery team to derive the conceptual model to logical data model to be implemented or configured in various technologies
- Minimum 12 years of working experience in Financial Institution or highly regulated environments
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Data or Solution Architect role for large/complex projects or product involving extensive use of real time data, in memory database and big data.
- TOGAF, Zachman or equivalent Enterprise Architecture framework experience
- Enterprise Architecture tools experience (e.g. Mega, Abacus, Software Architect)
- Advanced understanding of reference data, data lake, and other information system solutions
- Experience integrating multiple systems in 24/7 environment
- Ability to use industry standard to create conceptual, logical and physical data models applications and reference data
- Understanding the core concepts of data quality–how to measure improve
- Ability to analyze data for data quality gaps
- Understanding or virtualization, cloud, big data technologies
- Understanding of disaster recovery (DR) requirements, data replications and data recovery technologies
- Experience in regional or multinational company, in multi-cultural environments
- Collaborative personality – ability to deliver in coordination with many different teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills – ability to provide clarity and focus to projects while working with both engineering groups as well as senior management
- Structured - ability to plan his work and the work of others in a very structure manner using a repeatable methodology
- Autonomous – ability to understand their role in depth and make decisions independently
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)