VP, Development Lead, Transaction Banking, GTO
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
BTS provides IT application services for the Bank. We leverage on best practices in business solutions delivery, design and development to meet the Bank’s vision and business objectives.
Our strategy is primarily driven by the long term and short term business strategies and objectives of the Bank. Our strategic focus is to align IT with the Business, create flexibility and capacity in IT infrastructure, and consolidate for scale, time to market, and risk management.
- Responsible for all aspects of software development and support (L3) for multiple applications from functional specifications to production implementation and post implementation support; using established methods and technologies with off-the-shelf or custom solutions delivered using a combination of internal staff, contractors and vendors.
- Review solution design and effort estimates from the team and prioritize projects and change requests assigned to the team
- Drive consistency in solution design and delivery across applications and development teams
- Drive adoption of methods (E.g. Agile) and industry practices to improve quality and productivity outcomes
- Select, train, develop and manage technical team members in a conducive team environment
- Lead multi-vendor teams to successfully deliver solutions, manage multi-vendor teams to work amicably to support the bank’s commitments
- Anticipate and resolve any development issues or risks either independently or together with the relevant stakeholders and propose alternative solutions as necessary
- Resolve issues ensuring escalation and communication to stakeholders as necessary
- Lead or contribute to cross-team improvement initiatives relating to methods, tools, people, architecture, project management and governance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering
- Minimum 15 years of working experience in application development and implementation, particularly in Cash Management, Payable and Receivable, international/local payments and relationship pricing
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Application Development Manager role for large/complex projects involving multiple technologies
- Good understanding and experience in of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) are necessary
- Keep abreast of technology trends in application development
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills – demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- A strong and assertive communicator in speaking and writing
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)