VP, Development Lead, Core Banking, GTO
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
- Work with a team of subject matter experts, business analysts, architects and software developers to deliver projects and change requests. Provide solutions, cost estimates, functional and design specifications
- Manage business stakeholders expectation and establish best or alternative solutions that are feasible within the technology and timeline constraints
- Review solution design and effort estimates from the team and prioritize projects and change requests assigned to the team
- Drive consistency in solution design and delivery across applications and development teams
- Manage delivery of initiatives – projects and change request. Responsible for planning, manage vendor and in-house development, solutioning, implementing and maintaining software applications systems.
- Drive adoption of methods (E.g. Agile) and industry practices to improve quality and productivity outcomes
- Select, train, develop and manage technical team members in a conducive team environment
- Lead multi-vendor teams to successfully deliver solutions, manage multi-vendor teams to work amicably to support the bank’s commitments
- Work with Test manager to formulate comprehensive system test plan aligned with project scope/Change request, quality requirements and targets
- Anticipate and resolve any development issues or risks either independently or together with the relevant stakeholders and propose alternative solutions as necessary
- Resolve issues ensuring escalation and communication to stakeholders as necessary
- Lead or contribute to cross-team improvement initiatives relating to methods, tools, people, architecture, project management and governance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering, or related fields
- Minimum 8 years of working experience working with LUW (Linux, UNIX systems / Wintel) platforms;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an Application Development Manager role for large/complex projects involving various technologies
- Working experience on projects involving customer communication – softcopy bank statements/advices or customer interaction related applications
- Demonstrated knowledge on project SDLC methodology – initiation, planning, tracking, requirement analysis, design, development, testing and implementation. Either
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills. Attentive to details is required
- A strong communicator in speaking and writing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Keep abreast of latest technology trends
- Working experience in a bank / with financial institutions is an advantage
- Working experience with Pitney Bowes solutions (Doc1Generate, Vault, Spectrum, EngageOne Suite) is an advantage
- Working experience/Knowledge with DevOps methodology and tooling is a plus
- Knowledge with IBM iSeries/AS400 stack is a plus
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)