VP, Development Lead, Core Banking, GTO
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
- Manage a team of business analysts, architects, designers and software developers to deliver projects and change requests solutions that are feasible within the technology & timeline
- Work with users, Application/Technical Delivery Managers & Subject-Matter-Experts to collate, understand and finalize functional and technical requirements and sensure solution design complies with enterprise design principles, security and control standards
- Work on / review solution design & effort estimates and prioritize projects & change requests
- Drive adoption of methods and industry practices to improve quality and productivity outcomes
- Select, train, develop and manage technical team members in a conducive team environment
- Lead multi-vendor teams to successfully deliver solutions, manage multi-vendor teams to work amicably to support the bank’s commitments
- Anticipate and resolve any development issues/risks independently/together with the relevant stakeholders and propose solutions
- Resolve issues and ensure prompt escalation & communication to stakeholders
Project Delivery Management
- Plan resource allocation & utilisation and technical deliverables (including any system enhancements and upgrades) to meet Project’s requirements within allocated budget and schedule
- Plan & collaborate across different application teams to manage technical dependencies of the solution, prepare technical implementation plan and support implementation and post-implementation
- Monitor and manage risks /issues related to technical delivery
- Provide status update related to technical delivery to project management office and senior leadership
- Manage vendor relationship and statement of works
- Partner with Test Manager to ensure completion of SIT, UAT testing, performance / load testing and application security testing with quality results
- Escalate project issues on timely basis to project managers and determine workarounds or resolution with stakeholders
Responsible for all aspects of software development and production support (Level 3) for multiple applications from functional specifications to production implementation and post implementation support; using established methods and technologies with off-the-shelf or custom solutions delivered using a combination of internal staff (application teams, IT partners, business partners), contractors and vendors.
Key Requirements – Technical
- More than 10 years of relevant analysis, design, development, testing and project management experience related to ATM / Payments eg. ATM cash deposit/withdrawal, Funds Transfer, NETS EFTPOS, SATM, FAST/PayNow, local / cross region payment transaction processing, internal/external settlements, GL generation/posting
- Knowledge in banking software for both wholesale & retail banking industry
- Knowledge in banking applications such as Current Account/Savings/Fixed-Deposits, ATM/Internet banking/Mobile/QR Code applications will be an added advantage
- Advantageous to have good knowledge in COBOL, RPG, CL programming, C, on AS400 platform. Added advantage to have knowledge on Unix/Scripting on Open System platform
Key Requirements – General
- Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines or equivalent experience
- Relevant Experience in Banking / Finance / IT; good knowledge in financial services policies, procedures, products and industry practices
- Keep abreast of technology trends in application development
- Excellent communication & inter-personal skills to manage technical/non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong conceptual & analytical skills – demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
- Proven results-oriented person with focus on delivery
- Good understanding and experience on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong negotiation skills
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)