VP, Data Quality Monitoring and Reporting Lead, Data Management Office
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Data Management Office and Big Data Analytics function answers the demand for quality and credible data across the Group.
Data Management Office
We govern the use of data across the Group and provide guidance for data management and usage. This optimises the value of data to enable smarter, faster and more accurate decision-making as well as improve operational efficiency. Above all, we ensure adherence to all data governance standards as determined by regulators.
Big Data Analytics
We are a centralised analytics function that supports Group-wide business units and their analytical needs. We aim to establish ourselves as an analytics centre of excellence and drive analytics adoption and the utilisation of new big data technology across the Group. Our key areas of service range from business intelligence, strategic analytics to data science.
This role will be responsible for the monitoring and reporting of the enterprise’s data quality and be part of the data management team in implementing an enterprise, data-led strategy. The candidate will report to Data Management Office - Data Quality Management Team in Singapore.
You will lead a team of Data Quality Analyst in the Monitoring and Reporting of the bank’s Data Quality Health.
You will be responsible for:
- Design and share DQ Dashboard/Scorecards with various Corporate Management Committees and BUs/SUs
- Implement, test and refine the Data Quality rules to be fit for purpose for each CDE
- Prioritise and develop additional Data Quality rules to ensure essential and effective coverage across all CDEs
- Design data quality rules. Work with stakeholders to established data quality measurement standards & matrix
- Work with branches and subsidiaries in ensuring their DQ Assessment framework is aligned to Group standard (including training and communication)
- Responsible for holistic enterprise data quality reporting and monitoring.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to data quality standards.
- Identify, compare, and escalate data quality problems.
- Investigate/determine root cause for data quality errors
- You will need to establish strong working rapport with technology team to implement and maintain reliable and robust DQ infrastructure across Group and Subsidiaries
- Identify areas that require improvements and propose remedial actions
- Maintenance and continuous review of the existing data quality dashboard and make recommendations for enhancements that are received as effective by regulators and stakeholders: a data quality dashboard that can be customized to users’ needs.
- Degree in Business Administration, Business Computing, or related field with at least 10 years equivalent work experience in banking industry, preferably with business / functional knowledge in banking products, processes and data knowledge.
- Possess good working knowledge in relational DB, BI tools (e.g. QlikSense) and intermediate to advance SQL scripting knowledge. Experiences in data quality tools like Informatica is an added advantage.
- Writing and Verbal skills with a meticulous attention to detail, to communicate information effectively to leads, managers, and technical staff
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, project management, and technical staff)
- Organizational skills, to work in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects and tasks concurrently, while also working with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information
- In this key business focused role, you will be required to work with the business cross functionally and build and maintain strong relationships, and influence your key stakeholders.
- Your success in this role will require exceptional stakeholder management, and the ability to lead and inspire technical people alike.
- You will be a self-starter, curious and driven, with the ability to self-manage work load and deadlines whilst maintaining a degree of accuracy and quality.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)