VP, Data Ethics Validation Team, Data Management Office
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Data Management Office (DMO) is a business function that covers Enterprise Data Governance, Data Management, Big Data Analytics and Enterprise Data Strategy. Data Management Office ensures that UOB meets all data governance standards set by data regulators and optimize data management and usage to help UOB make smarter, faster and more accurate decisions and to improve operational efficiency.
The Data Ethics Validation Team is a specialised group that supports Group Strategic Communications and Customer Advocacy in designing and executing a data ethics framework. This role will be part of the data ethics validation team which evaluates the ethical dimensions of models built by various business segments; identifies any ethical issues in the development, implementation, and use of these models; and makes recommendations on closing any gaps.Job Responsibilities
- Design and execute a comprehensive data ethics validation programme / framework for AI and data analytics models used in the bank
- Perform independent checks on the adequacy and effectiveness of BAU’s internal controls. Checks include reviews of model documentation, interviews with key stakeholders, and evaluation of findings against policies, guidelines, and the Bank’s code of conduct
- Recommend improvements on gaps noted
- Update management on data ethics matters,
- Responsible for being the key knowledge and contact point on data ethics,
- Develop and maintain data ethics culture aligned with management strategy
- Perform “secretariat” role to ensure high materiality/escalated AIDA usage projects are approved by relevant parties before usage
- Establish effective working relationships with senior management and operational leadership levels, influencing without direct authority to support a culture of ethics and compliance
- Minimum bachelor degree in any discipline
- 5 to 8 years working experience in any review or control function, preferably in a financial services industry
- Ethics, legal, compliance, audit, model validation experience preferred
- Analytical and logical, with a demonstrated knowledge or experience in review/compliance/control type of work
- Clear, concise and persuasive writing and presentation skills
- Ability to manage and influence operational leadership, senior stakeholders and Board of Directors
- Strong organisational skills and an orientation to deadlines and detail
- Demonstrated success integrating compliance into daily operations
- Track record in developing, designing and/or implementing policies and procedures
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)